What is your dream?

I know that I post a lot of "stupid hippie crap" style statuses. They're positive. They annoy people. That's just too bad for them because they live in a different plane of existence than I do. (As my friend Lori always says, don't take advice from broke, unhappy people.)

I've been finding myself unsubscribing from people on Facebook like crazy lately, mainly because it seems like all they do is whine. Whining, passive aggressiveness, posting their dirty laundry online where it doesn't belong, playing victim, and constantly complaining = instant ticket to an unsubscribed Abby. I just don't have time for people who don't live in the now and live their lives for their future. If you spend too much time looking behind you and pointing fingers at everyone else, you miss everything happening right in front of your face.

What I adore is opening my newsfeed over my morning cup of coffee and seeing people work for their goals or reach a new milestone to their ultimate dream. I see people finishing school, getting pregnant after years of trying, shimmying into jeans they haven't fit in for the last 5 years, getting new jobs, or building their own businesses and truly seeing them take off. That stuff makes me happy. That's what the world needs. Not the other stuff.

So what's your dream? What are the things that you wish you could do right now but you just can't? I'm not talking about a swimming pool full of money like Scrooge McDuck or owning a $250,000 sports car. What is your dream for your life and your ultimate purpose?

Do you know what mine is?

I would love to gain enough wealth to be able to do cool things for other people. One of the biggest dreams in my life is to be able to go into a store at Christmas time and cover all someone's gifts for them. Actually I'd love to be able to do that for 10 different people at once. I would absolutely love to be able to go to the grocery store and get an entire family's groceries for the week.

I want to write a book that touches lives and makes people believe in themselves. Not because of anything I did, but because they made the decision to reflect upon their lives and decisions and make a change in their life towards what they want. I would love to be able to tell my story, my REAL story, and things that I've experienced so that people can relate to them, see the parallels, and realize that they have a shot at having the life they want after all.

These are the things that I go to bed thinking about and wake up for, day in and day out. I may not be able to do it now... but someday.

Remember sometimes that the richest people in the world only have money-- nothing else. The truly wealthy people are the ones that are able to change a heart, get someone out of a jam, or touch lives as they do the things they love the most.

Some of life is chance but so much of it is work, calculated risk, and living with love.

Love yourself enough to find your dream life. It doesn't have to mean living on a yacht in the Bahamas. :)

Have a beautiful Wednesday night.
~Abby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honoring Your Need for Peace in 2019

Being Single in an Online Society

The Battle Within